Friday, October 29, 2010

Prelude to Fear

My hosts tell me that the Mall area today wasn't nearly as busy as it was the day before the Glenn Beck rally. They acknowledge, though, that most of them are going to be arriving tonight and tomorrow.

And how:

As people began to realize the plane was filled with nothing but rally goers, no joke, we all cheered, spontaneously. The flight had much more energy than usual - loads of people chatting about Jon Stewart, politics, etc. It seemed most people on the flight were baby boomers. After all, who else is going to have the time and money to fly themselves in from Minnesota?

When we landed, a woman shouted, "Sanity has just landed in DC!" and we all burst out in cheers and applause.


I've got a friend who should be getting settled in as I type this. For myself, I'm putting together a sign. I still don't think it's going to make much of a difference, but considering how truly awful the next couple years are shaping up to be, one could do a lot worse for a last hurrah.

No comments:

Post a Comment