Sunday, December 26, 2010

Afternoon Stroll

There's not much to be said about my downtown walk on Christmas afternoon. I emerged from the L'Enfant Plaza Metro and made for the Capitol on Independence Avenue. It was conspicuously quiet, as I was hoping.



So was the Mall.



Ulysses S. Grant and his attendant lions were keeping it real.



There were more quite a few people gathered at the Capitol Christmas Tree.



I happened upon the Robert Taft Memorial, a tribute to the Senator son of President William Taft. He has a reputation as one of the most effective Senators the U.S. has ever had, and was notable for his opposition to the New Deal and American involvement in World War II before Pearl Harbor.



If we are to honor our most distinguished legislators, surely a Ted Kennedy memorial is someday conceivable?

I spent the evening watching the latest iteration of the original Star Wars trilogy on SpikeTV. In the next few day I'll try to post my thoughts on watching the two trilogies back-to-back. Surely something must come from such a colossal investment of late-night time.

No comments:

Post a Comment